September 11, 2015
DO 42, s. 2015
High School Graduates Who are Eligible to Enrol in Higher Education Institutions in School Year (SY) 2016-2017
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
1. In School Year (SY) 2012-2013, the Department of Education (DepEd), through DepEd Order No. 31, s. 2012, enjoined all public and private schools to find creative and innovative ways to implement the K to 12 Basic Education Program. As a result, several public and private schools have heeded the challenge by coming up with varied ways of implementing the Enhanced Basic Education Program through:
a. the creation of school-specific K to 12 transition plans;
b. the modelling of the Senior High School (SHS) Program as described in DepEd Order Nos. 36 and 71, s. 2012; and
c. the early implementation of SHS in SYs 2014-2015 and 2015-2016.
2. To help higher education institutions determine who are eligible to proceed to higher education in SY 2016-2017, the classifications below show the public and private schools which underwent innovations in their respective basic education programs.
A. Private schools which submitted a K to 12 transition plan and which previously offered a seven-year elementary education program. The list of schools is found in Enclosure No. 1.
B. Public and private schools which took part in the SHS Modelling Program in SYs 2012-2013 and 2013-2014. The list of schools is found in Enclosure No. 2.
C. Public and private schools which did early implementation of SHS in SY 2014-2015. The list of schools is found in Enclosure No. 3.
3. Graduates of public and private schools, which fall under the aforementioned classifications, are eligible to proceed to higher education in SY 2016-2017. Moreover, all graduates of the previous four-year high school program as stated in DepEd Order No. 76, s. 2010, who would like to proceed to higher education, are also eligible in any university or college. A summary of these eligibility guidelines is found in Enclosure No. 4.
4. All DepEd Orders and other related issuances which are inconsistent with this Order are hereby rescinded.
5. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
DepEd Order: (Nos. 31, 36, and 71 s. 2012; and 76, s. 2010)
DepEd Memorandum: (No. 4, s. 2014)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: