August 6, 2015
DO 35, s. 2015
2015 Guidelines on the Utilization of Support Funds for Adopt-A-School Program (ASP)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
1. Mandated to provide an enhanced learning environment and resources which would benefit children and youth in public schools, the Department of Education (DepEd), through its Adopt-a-School Program (ASP), is continuously engaged in obtaining the support from various entities, ensuring that such support contributes to expanding access to quality education.
2. To sustain the implementation of the ASP initiatives, projects and activities, DepEd has been providing financial subsidy to 16 regions, together with their schools division offices (SDOs) since 2009. The list of implementing regions and SDOs, each of which with a corresponding allocation, is contained in Enclosure Nos. 1 and 2.
3. This year, support funds amounting to Eleven Million and Nine Hundred Fifty Thousand Pesos (P11,950,000.00) shall be downloaded to the implementing regions through Sub-Allotment Release Order (SARO) issuance.
4. The downloaded support funds shall be used for the following purposes:
a. Orientation of school heads on ASP Guidelines Implementation;
b. Brigada Eskwela monitoring and evaluation activities;
c. Stakeholders’ Forum and Partnership Appreciation Program at the schools division and regional levels; and
d. Brigada Eskwela Awards Program at the schools division and regional levels.
5. The following objects of expenditure shall not be allowed under the subsidy:
a. Personal Services such as salaries, overtime pay and honoraria;
b. Operational Expenses such as utilities (water, electricity, Internet connectivity, among others) funded from the regular Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE); and
c. Capital Outlay, such as purchase of equipment and gadgets.
6. The Physical and Financial Accomplishment Report, which reflects the activities undertaken throughout the year shall be submitted to the regional and/or SDO with a copy furnished to the ASP Secretariat, DepEd Central Office, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City. The format of the said report is provided in Enclosure No. 3.
7. The submission of budget utilization or liquidation report to regions and schools divisions is stated until first week of December.
8. Non-compliance may result in the suspension of the financial subsidy.
9. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
DepEd Order: No. 16, s. 2014
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: