June 30, 2015
DO 28, s. 2015
Guidelines on the Utilization of Fund for Madrasah/Muslim Education Program (MEP)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
1. In line with the implementation of the Madrasah/Muslim Education Program (MEP), mandated through DepEd Order No. 51, s. 2004, the Department of Education (DepEd) continuously supports the institutionalization of the MEP by providing the support mechanism necessary for its continual adoption in public schools with Muslim learners, for Muslim out-of-school youths, and for private Madaris implementing the Refined Standard Madrasah Curriculum.
2. The MEP aims to provide Muslim learners with appropriate and relevant educational opportunities through the integration of the Arabic Language and Islamic Values Education (ALIVE) Program in the basic education curriculum.
3. To sustain the gains of the program, the Department shall continue to provide fund support for the MEP under the Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 General Appropriations Act subject to the enclosed guidelines on the fund availment, release, utilization, liquidation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
4. For more information, all concerned may contact the Office of the Madrasah Education (OME), 5th Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education Central Office (DepEd CO), DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos.: (02) 635-5669; (02) 634-1250 or through email address: email@example.com
5. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encls.: As stated
References: DepEd Order: Nos. 32, s. 2014 and (51, s. 2004)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: