June 1, 2015
DO 21, s. 2015
Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Coordination and Information Management Protocol
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
1. Pursuant to Republic Act (RA) No. 10121 entitled The Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010, which mandates all national government agencies to institutionalize policies, structures, coordination mechanisms and programs with continuing budget appropriation on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) from national to local levels and DepEd Order No. 50, s. 2011 entitled Creation of Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (DRRMO), which mandates the said office to initiate and spearhead the establishment of mechanisms which prepare, guarantee protection and increase resiliency of the Department of Education (DepEd) constituents in the face of disaster, the DepEd issues the enclosed Coordination and Information Management Protocols for the schools, schools divisions offices (SDOs) and regional offices (ROs) and coordinators to establish the system of coordination and information management and provide guidance to DepEd field offices, schools and DRRM coordinators on their respective roles and functions relative to DRRM implementation.
2. This Protocol as well as the roles and responsibilities of the DepEd region, schools division and schools, including the DRRM coordinators are being articulated here with the following objectives:
a. provide guidance to regions and schools divisions, including DRRM coordinators on how to act before, during and after disasters;
b. capacitate the DRRMO coordinators and other DepEd constituents to disasters and emergencies; and
c. facilitate immediate and efficient information flow during disasters and emergencies.
3. The Coordination Protocol provides the basis for and directs which office should respond depending on the extent of a disaster/emergency.
4. On the other hand, the Information Management Protocol demonstrates the proper flow of data from schools to central office, and vice versa.
5. The roles and responsibilities of ROs and SDOs in DRRM are guided by the provisions from the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (NDRRM) Plan 2011-2028 and RA No. 9155 or Governance of Basic Education Act of 2011.
6. This DepEd Order shall take effect immediately upon approval. All other existing Orders and/or Memoranda inconsistent with this Order are superseded and are therefore deemed rescinded.
7. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order (No.: 50, s. 2011)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: