May 21, 2015
DO 19, s. 2015
Learner Information System (LIS) Updating of Learner Profiles for School Year (SY) 2014-2015
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
1. In line with the initiative to provide accurate and up to date information of learners, all public elementary and secondary schools are directed to update their learner profiles for End of School Year (EOSY) 2014-2015 through the Learner Information System (LIS) online facility by June 12, 2015.
2. For schools with unresolved learner profile issues, the class advisers are tasked to resolve all issues following the data resolution procedures in DepEd Order No. 42, s. 2014 entitled Guidelines on Resolving School Year (SY) 2014-2015 Learner Information System (LIS) Data Issues. Schools which have unresolved data issues will not be able to finalize their learner’s profiles and enrolment report for EOSY 2014-2015.
3. In updating the EOSY Status Learning Profiles, the class advisers shall follow these steps:
a. Identify learners who have been accelerated within the SY. There will be no “Accelerated” status in the EOSY updating. Accelerated learners must be updated to “Accelerated” first before updating the EOSY learner status.
b. Update the enrolment status of the learner based on the School Report on Promotions. The enrolment status of the learner shall be any of the following:
1. Promoted – when the learner has achieved the necessary competencies in all subject areas to move to the next grade or year level;
- In the LIS, learners who will be promoted to the next grade/year level will be automatically set from the default “No Status” to “Promoted” after the school has finalized its EOSY updates. Hence, the class adviser does not have to update status of learners for promotion.
2. Irregular – when the learner will move to the next grade/ year level but with the condition that he/she completes remedial classes in the learning areas in which desired level of proficiency has not been achieved;
3. Retained – when the learner has not achieved the necessary competencies to move to the next grade/year level, hence retained in the same grade/year level;
4. Transferred Out – when the learner has transferred to another school within the SY; and
5. Dropped Out – when the learner has left the school and has not completed the full term in said school for reasons other than transferring to another school.
4. Class advisers must ensure that all of the learners in their respective sections have updated learner statuses. This information is critical for generating performance indicators and facilitating the enrolment of learners for SY 2015-2016. School heads are tasked to validate the submissions of the class advisers before finalization of submission to the LIS online facility to ensure that data submitted is accurate and complete.
5. Generation of School Form Nos. 5 and 137 will be done through the LIS after finalization of submission. For this SY, the LIS has enabled the encoding of the General Average in School Form 5 for elementary and secondary schools excluding Kindergarten and Non-Graded Classes.
6. The LIS shall be accessed through website address: www.lis.deped.gov.ph using the same school username and password in the EBEIS. This account will default to the privileges of a school head (SH) who allows for access to the school master list of learners for all grade/year levels. From this access point, the SH can create user accounts for different school personnel whom he/she authorizes to access the LIS. A detailed manual of operations, instructional videos, and guidelines are accessible on the LIS homepage through this URL: www.lis.deped.gov.ph/help.
7. The regional directors (RDs) through the Regional Planning Units and schools division superintendents (SDSs) through the Division Planning Units shall jointly provide technical assistance to the schools to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of submitted data.
8. The schools division offices (SDOs) through the Division ICT Coordinators shall oversee the encoding of data for schools with no access to Internet facilities.
9. To meet the LIS target schedules, all personnel involved in the LIS at the school, district and division levels are allowed to render overtime (OT) services during weekdays, weekends, and holidays when necessary. At the school level, these OT services can be converted to service credits.
10. All previous issuances relative to this Order, which are found inconsistent are deemed superseded or modified accordingly.
11. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
DepEd Order Nos.: (13 and 42, s. 2014)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: